Saft is a company involved in the design, the development and the manufacturing of batteries used in transport, industry and defense. Headquartered in France, it has an international presence.
Industrial Battery Group (IBG)
- It produces nickel rechargeable batteries for the industry and the transport.
- Aircraft safety and starting systems.
- High-speed trains.
- Urban transport networks, including trams, metros, and signalling systems.
- Back-up power systems.
- Oil and gas plants.
- Industrial facilities
- Power generation and distribution systems.
- Telecommunications networks.
- Emergency lighting.
- Professional electronics.
- Storage for renewable energy systems.
It produces lithium and rechargeable lithium-ion energy storage systems for the electronic, defence, and space industries.
Specialty Battery Group (SBG)
- Utility meters.
- Electronic toll collection.
- Automated meter readers and road tolling systems.
- Military communication systems.
- Space launchers.
- Military hybrid vehicles.
- Small submarines.
- Night-vision goggles.
- GPS systems.
- Medical equipment.
- Asset tracking.
- Computer memory back-up systems.
- Radios and other portable systems for military use.